Groups for Superhero Kids
Sometimes we heal, learn, practice, and grow our Superpowers best
when of us there’s more than one or two or three.
That’s why we made Kids Reconnect Groups
for troops and leagues
of Superhero kids of four or more, you see.
Child therapists have found
that when we learn in fun ways
what we learn sticks around
in our hearts and our brains,
so in EmPOWERland we design
quests and adventures to be FUN
for kids to thrive and grow a ton.
Calgary child therapy groups at Kids Reconnect are designed to support children in specific areas of sparkle that they wish to grow.
These include self-esteem-building groups for young girls, social and emotional skills groups, empathy groups, mindfulness groups, parent support groups, and self-care groups.
We are currently offering the following groups for Superhero kids:
Feelings & Friends Groups
In these groups, kids soar by learning, processing, and practicing emotional, communication, and relational skills (their Superpowers!):
- “feel better” skills
- how to be a good friend
- how to develop healthy friendships
- how to set limits in friendships
… all in a fun, safe, and engaging group setting!
Feelings & Friends Group for Kids 6-8 & 9-12
We are now regularly hosting two groups:
one for younger kids (ages 6-8) and one for older kids (ages 9-12)
- 7 weeks
- One introduction session for parents, 5 sessions for kids,
and a wrap-up session for parents
- Small groups of 4 to 8 children ages 6 to 8 and 9 to 12 years old
- 90-minute sessions
- $150 per session
- All materials + snacks are included
Guided by a team of
- Jacqueline Gattens, MA, Registered Provisional Psychologist
- Jessica Donovan, MSW, RSW
- Diana Izard, MSW, RSW
- Marcella Galizia, MA, RPsych
- Natalie Bergman, MA, RPsych
- Practicum Students: Keisha Arshad, BA and Nadia Ivanchikov, BEd, MEd.
Help your child to spring into a more joyful spring growing their emotional & relational Superpowers!
Our Feelings & Friends Group for Kids ages 6-8 starts on April 11, 2023!
- April 11 – Parent introduction session
- April 13 – Child session 1
- April 20 – Child session 2
- April 27 – Child session 3
- May 4 – Child session 4
- May 11 – Child session 5
- May 18 – Parent wrap-up session
What if a parent or child needs more support after the group ends?
The group will have provided an excellent way to identify strengths and gaps in your child’s skills (Superpowers!) development.
At the end of the group sessions, each set of parents will have the option to schedule one or more one-on-one personalized parenting or child sessions, at the therapist’s regular rate, to support them in reinforcing their child’s strengths and addressing any specific challenges.
Can my child miss a session?
Attendance is required at all sessions This way, we can achieve the maximum benefits for kids and parents, as kids learn from each other and practice together.